- South America
Emergency First Aid at Work
To develop a number of basic, general first aid skills leading to participants being awarded the ‘Emergency First Aid at Work’ certificate, valid for three years.
Staff working in low hazard working environments such as offices, shops and small industrial units who need to hold the Emergency First Aid at Work qualification.
- Understanding the role of the first aider including:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
Use of available equipment
- Assessing the situation and circumstances in order to act safely, promptly and effectively in an emergency
- Management of an unconscious casualty (including seizures)
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR)
- Wounds and bleeding
- Minor injuries (Including small cuts, grazes and bruises, minor burns and scalds, small splinters)
6 contact hours