- South America
First Aid at Work
No matter where you are it's important to know the basics of first aid. We offer the following courses:
For participants to develop the skills necessary to become a competent and confident first aider in the work place
Any member of staff who is required to become a qualified first aider in the workplace
- Understanding the role of the first aider including:
- The importance of preventing cross infection
- The need for recording incidents and actions
Use of available equipment
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation
- Wounds and bleeding
- Injuries to bones, muscles and joints, including
- Suspected spinal injuries
- Chest injuries
- burns and scalds
- eye injuries
- anaphylactic shock
- major illnesses (including heart attack, stroke, epilepsy, asthma, diabetes)
- minor injuries (small cuts, grazes, bruises, minor burns, scalds and splinters)
18 contact hours
For participants to update and their skills and re qualify as a first aider in the workplace.
Those who have previously attended and successfully completed the initial first aid at work course or already hold a re-qualification certificate.
You must be in possession of a valid First Aid at Work certificate in order to participate on this course.
Training will cover the topics of the full First Aid at Work course in sufficient detail to ensure that participants are competent to retain their First Aid at Work certificate.
12 contact hours